It's always nice photographing the weddings of friends or family of couples that I have worked with before - I'd photographed Robyn's brother's wedding in 2020, and was so pleased when Robyn and her fiance, George, booked me for their wedding. I then got to know them a little more during the pre-wedding portrait session, and so when the wedding day arrived, seeing them and lots of familiar faces felt like I was photographing the wedding of friends. The fact they're both such nice people probably helped a lot with this too.
My day started at Robyn's parent's house where she and her bridesmaids were getting ready (along with mum and dad). Then it was off to All Saints Church in Crawley Down for the ceremony conducted by Rev. Christine Keyte with readings by the mother of the bride and the bride's sister in law.
After the service was over and the happy couple was properly congratulated by their guests, we all headed over to Alexander House Hotel for the reception. Then it was time for drinks, canapes, and a few family photos before heading inside for the speeches and wedding breakfast.
The weather was kind to us the whole day, and especially so in the evening, providing some gorgeous golden light for the evening portraits. However, for Robyn and George's preview photo, I chose a photo not showing this light, but set inside. Robyn and George had specifically requested a photo by the piano at the base of the stairs so with the help of some flash, I provided the light. I loved the location and especially the chandeliers above the piano so knew I wanted to include them. With a little prompting, they then broke into a little first dance practice.
Congratulations Robyn and George! It was a real pleasure.
- Alexander House, Sophie Trendall-Allen. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Florist – Annabel Grange, Butterflies and Bows. email@example.com , 07717 527923
- Make Up – Olivia Golton, @studio14.beauty_asthetics (Instagram), 07512 086766
- Hair – Becky Cooper, @hairdresserbecky (Instagram) , 07710544887
- Cake – Gem Smith, Gorgeous Gems Bakery, 07980 743 885 firstname.lastname@example.org
- DJ – Karl Greenwood, KT Entertainments, email@example.com
- Dress – Aurora Bride, firstname.lastname@example.org , 02086 416041
- Grooms suit – Fortanini Reigate, 01737 247271
- Groomsmen’s suits – Slaters Bromley, 020 8466 8386
- Transport – Premier Carriage Wedding Cars, 01202 822 659
- Videographer – George Leicester, Stem Media Productions, 07495925534, email@example.com
- Toastmaster – Peter Thompson, 01634 841375, firstname.lastname@example.org
Share this story