I love this time of year: the sun never gets too high in the sky and so has a beautiful golden tint to it all day long; the leaves are changing colour, providing incredible colours all around; and when you do have a sunny day, you appreciate it even more – glad for the warmth that it brings & how it makes the colours around you pop that little bit more. Well, Amy & Fitz got very lucky on their wedding day, as they had perfect sunshine from sunrise to sunset.
They enjoyed their whole day at Nettlestead Place, with Amy getting ready there in the morning, their ceremony was in the undercroft, drinks reception in the Rose Garden, and wedding breakfast in the marquee. They’d put out various lawn games for their guests to enjoy during the drinks reception including kerplunk, naughts & crosses, and jenga, and for a bit of evening fun, they’d brought in a air hockey table to the marquee. A game of air hockey is a bit of a tradition for the happy couple whenever they visit the seaside, so it was a lovely addition to their day, and it was certainly getting lots of use.
Amy & Richard (or Fitz to most people) are a very sweet couple. They looked so happy the whole day, and Fitz’ wedding speech laid bare how in love he is, and how lucky he felt to be marrying Amy. I also really enjoyed the speech by Chris, the best man. He gave a great build up, letting us know how long he had known Fitz, and how Fitz had already been his best man, and so he could let loose a full character assassination without any fear of reprisal, but instead just talked about what a nice guy Fitz is. He then sat down, but the guests were too intrigued by his brief mention of numerous stories about the groom, and called for at least one story. He then stood up again and recounted a hilarious event from their past, which went down a treat.
Congratulations once again to Amy & Fitz, and thanks for having me along. It was a pleasure photographing your wedding.
– The venue – Nettlestead Place https://www.nettlestead-place.co.uk/
– The florist – Florist in the Forest http://www.floristintheforest.co.uk/
– Make up – Emma Lily Curran https://www.emmalilycurran.co.uk/
– Hair – Simply Beautiful Hair https://www.simplybeautifulweddinghair.co.uk/
– Caterers – Anise Catering http://anisecatering.com/
– Cake Artist – Orange Rabbit Cakes https://www.orangerabbitcakes.com/
– DJ – Discologic https://discologic.co.uk/
– Dress Shop & Dress Designer – Chilham Bridal Boutique, Eternity Bride https://chilhambridal.co.uk/
– Groom & groomsmen\’s suits – Moss Bros, The Donegal https://www.moss.co.uk
– Games Hire – Xtreme Vortex https://xtremevortex.co.uk
– Audio Guest Book Hire – https://www.audioguestbook.co.uk
– Wedding Favours – Emilys Lollies https://emilyslollies.co.uk/
– Confetti – The Real Flower Petal Confetti Co. https://www.confettidirect.co.uk/