It’s been a few years since I last photographed a wedding at The Orangery in Maidstone and I must admit, I had forgotten just how nice it is there. It feels like entering a hidden oasis, as you turn off the busy main road, pass under a massive brick railway arch, and then enter the stunning grounds. Once there, there seems to be new features to explore around every corner. It really is a gem of a venue.
I joined Sian pre-ceremony where she was getting ready in the on-site dressing room which is beautifully spacious with lots of lovely natural light pouring in. Then, once everyone had arrived, and everyone was ready, Sian and Jamie had a beautiful outdoor ceremony in the The Lapa – an addition that wasn’t there when I was last at the venue, and what a beautiful addition it is. With rustic wooden benches, a thatched roof structure, and views across the lake.
After the ceremony, Sian & Jamie took a long walk through the gardens back to the main buildings where they were greeted by their guests with a confetti blessing, before enjoying drinks on the patio. They had speeches after the wedding breakfast from Jamie’s daughter (& bridesmaid) Maddie, which was followed by his sons Gabriel (5?) and William (7) saying a few words. This was incredibly cute as both boys were all giggles and just keen to use the microphone, but just not entirely sure what to say. It brought smiles to everyone there. Then Sian said a few words, before her brother’s speech which was a great mix of father-of-the-bride-type anecdotes, and best man-type ridicule. His speech was spot on.
I then took them for a few photos around the grounds under the evening light before their party and evening celebrations started. I had a great time with Sian and Jamie, and look forward to sharing more from their wedding.
Congratulations to you both once again!
– The venue – The Orangery, Turkey Mill | www.theorangerymaidstone.com
– Florist, room décor/styling & Festoon lighting | The Creative Venue | www.thecreativevenue.co.uk
– Make up – Aimee Hobbs Makeup | www.aimeehobbsmakeup.co.uk Hair | Forever
– Hair & Beauty | https://foreverhair.org
– Cake | Jacqueline Walker | Cakes for all occasions (Facebook)
– Band – Seven | www.alivenetwork.com/bandpage.asp?bandname=Seven
– DJ – The Orangery
– Dress Shop & designer – Confetti & Lace | Mori Lee
– Grooms suit – ASOS | Designer – Noak
– Kids suit – Roco Clothing