On Saturday, I had the pleasure of returning to Wadhurst Castle to photograph the wedding of Charlotte & Ewan. I joined Charlotte in the bridal suite where she, her bridesmaids, and her mum were getting ready, whilst enjoying the spectacular views across the Sussex countryside. Ewan and his groomsmen were also meeting at Wadhurst Castle before heading to the church for the ceremony, so it was nice to be able to get a few portraits of the guys there too. Once everyone was ready, I joined the guests on a striking red London Routemaster bus to the church, & Charlotte travelled in a stylish classic Rolls Royce.
Their ceremony was at St Peter & St Paul church in central Wadhurst and conducted by Rev. Dr Paul Ratcliff. I’ve been lucky to have photographed a few weddings at this stunning church & Rev. Paul has always been a pleasure to work with. I was pleased to see that for the signing, they have now substituted the classic fountain pen with a ball-point pen (there was a leaking incident of the pen at a wedding last year). After being congratulated by their guests and covered in confetti, we all returned to Wadhurst Castle. The gardens are looking absolutely incredible at the moment, with a wide variety of azaleas out adding a vibrant mix of colours to the already beautiful grounds.
Charlotte & Ewan had their wedding breakfast in the barn, catered by my recommended supplier “Amuse.” I love their food anyway, but was even more impressed at this wedding. The canapes included delicious gluten free options and their main course was worthy of a 3 star Michelin restaurant. They really are something special.
After the speeches, I took the happy couple around the grounds for a few portraits in the beautiful golden light, and then it was back inside for the (cheese) cake cutting and the evening party. For their music, they’d booked a band called The Crowds. It was my first time working with them and I’d happily recommend them to any couples. Great music and a great atmosphere!
It was a real pleasure photographing Charlotte & Ewan’s wedding and I wish them lots of happiness. Thanks for having me!
– Venue – Wadhurst Castle – Susan Terrell – Info@wadhurstcastle.co.uk
– Caterer – Amuse – Sarah Doole – Sarah@amuseprivatecaterers.co.uk
– Florist – Lydie Dalton – Lydie@lydiedalton.co.uk
– Photo Booth – Absolute Booth – Jason Noblett – firstname.lastname@example.org
– Routemaster bus – London Retro Bus Hire – email@example.com
– Wedding Car – Distinctly Vintage – Nigel Jenner – firstname.lastname@example.org
– Hair and Makeup – Nicola Downey – email@example.com
– Band – The Crowds – Sunnah Rose – firstname.lastname@example.org
– Wedding Dress – Shop: Pure Couture in Beaconsfield, Designer: Martina liana
– Groomsmen suits – Moss Bros
– Grooms suit – Hawes and Curtis