On Saturday I had the pleasure of photographing Kerry & David's wedding at The Historic Dockyard Chatham. This was my first wedding at the dockyard and what an incredible wedding it was. The reason being, it's an amazing venue anyway, but this couple actually first met whilst working as Naval Reserves many years ago (to use Kerry's words) & they then worked together on restoring the HM Submarine Ocelot at the dockyard. Whenever they thought about tying the knot in the past, things in life occurred (as we all know they do), and the idea was just shelved again for a few more years. To say that this wedding was a long time coming is a bit of an understatement, and it was understandably extra emotional for the couple for it to finally occur.
Kerry and her bridal party got ready in the morning in one of the rooms at The Commissioner's House - the oldest intact naval building in Great Britain which dates back to 1640! She then met David for their ceremony on the deck of the HMS Gannet, a beautiful sloop of the Royal Navy, built in 1878, where they enjoyed drinks and canapes afterwards with their guests. After a few group photos, the guests were free to wander and explore the venue, whilst I took Kerry & David for a few portraits.
We then all met back at The Commissioner's House for the wedding breakfast, which was styled in the keeping of a Trafalgar Night dinner with the appropriate toasts and parading of the cakes 'The Ships of the Line'. This was particularly emotional for the couple and their guests as it was the first time that the Trafalgar Night toasts would no longer be to the Queen, but to our King.
Congratulations Kerry & David! It was a honour to photograph your wedding.
- Catering Simon James Catering : https://simonjamescatering.co.uk/
- Flowers for Wedding Party Sarah Michael’s Designs for Mask Flowers : https://maskflowers.co.uk/
- Hair and Makeup Jodie Elizabeth plus Assistant from NWMAKEUP : https://nwmake-up.co.uk/
- Cakes ‘Ships of the Line’ Cakes by Cakesburg : https://cakesburg.co.uk/
- Gluten Free Cupcakes by Candy’s Cupcakes : https://shop.candyscupcakes.co.uk/
- Bride and Bridesmaid Dressses JJ’s House – online site https://www.jjshouse.co.uk/
Share this story