On Saturday I had the pleasure of photographing Charlotte & Julian's wedding at Wadhurst Castle. Charlotte grew up in Wadhurst and has a family connection to St Peter & St. Paul's church there, so I know the locations of the day meant a lot to her. They met at university and from the best-man's speech, I gather that all of their friends could see the potential of these two, and were eagerly encouraging them to get together. Despite that being years ago, these two sweethearts still looked completely smitten with each other like a new couple.
I joined Charlotte in the bridal suite at Wadhurst Castle where along with her bridesmaids, she was having her hair and make-up done by Liz from Simple Beautiful Hair and Harriet Rainbow respectively. We then all made our way to the church courtesy of a stunning classic Beauford car, with me and the bridesmaids in the first trip and Charlotte with her dad in the 2nd. The ceremony was conducted by Rev. Dr Paul Ratcliff with readings from a guest and one of the bridesmaids.
After the ceremony I took a few family portraits outside the church before everyone gave the happy couple a confetti send-off and we all returned at Wadhurst Castle. I photographed the wedding breakfast room on arrival and the room looked incredible - Gastro the caterers and Dora Kovacs the florist did an amazing job here.
The weather was kind with sunshine and light cloud cover, and the gardens at Wadhurst Castle were beautiful. Some of the flowers from last week had dropped their petals now, but flowers like foxgloves were newly out. I could tell from the overheard comments that the guests loved the location.
The speeches were by the mother of the bride, the groom, and the best man. I won't recant the stories from this, but some of those mentioned from the groom's early days at university had the whole room in laughter. The idea of a new sport was hilarious.
As the sun neared the horizon, I took Charlotte and Julian around some of my favourite locations at Wadhurst Castle (and there are many) for their evening portraits. The preview photo below is from this time where I positioned them in-front of some vibrant azaleas. I just love Charlotte's expression here.
We then headed inside with the newly weds kicking the party off with their first dance to 'High' from Lighthouse Family. I had a great time with these two and look forward to sharing more from their day.
Congratulations Charlotte & Julian!
- Venue - Wadhurst Church & Wadhurst Castle** http://www.wadhurstparishchurch.org/https://wadhurstcastle.co.uk/
- Cake - Purple Flour** Claudia Newberry email@example.com 01892 520219
- Caterers - Gastro** Primary contact so far: Alice Preston firstname.lastname@example.org 01903 205 923 www.gastrocatering.com
- Hair - Simply Beautiful Hair** Liz Bower email@example.com
- Make-up - Harriet Rainbow** Mobile: 07952306430 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Car - Premier Carriages** www.premiercarriage.co.uk
- Florist - Dora Kovacs** email@example.com 07944093962 www.dorakovacs.com
- DJ - Premier DJs** firstname.lastname@example.org://www.platinum-djs.com/
- Dress ** Designer: Madi Lane Shop: Isabella Grace Tunbridge Wells https://www.isabellagracebridal.com/
- Suits - Buckleigh of London** https://buckleighoflondon.com/
- Stationary - Twist Stationery** https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/TwistStationery
Share this story