The run up to the wedding for any couple can be stressful at times: There are the worries that you have forgotten something; have all the suppliers confirmed; are all the timings correct; are all your guests able to make it, etc. etc. Kate & Alex had something occur that no other couple I’ve worked with before have had to endure though – poor Kate choked on some food a week before when Alex was out, and without being too dramatic, it was deathly serious. Thankfully, she was OK, and the worst that happened was that we cancelled the pre-wedding portrait session, but it must have been a scary experience for them both. This would make any couple even more appreciative of each other and look at one another with even more love, but with these two, I suspect those looks they shared, and the love they felt, was already at the maximum level.
They enjoyed a beautiful ceremony at St Dunstan’s Church in Cranbrook and it’s the first time I have worked there. I do seem to find all churches beautiful in their own ways, but this one is truly something special. It is ‘Grade I’ listed, is known as the Cathedral of the Weald, and contains a prototype of the Big Ben clock! As I said, it really is special.
After their ceremony, everyone headed over to Nettlestead Place for the reception and celebrations. They had drinks and canapes in the Rose Garden, and enjoyed their wedding breakfast in the marquee. It was great to be back at Nettlestead Place again, and once again, the gardens were looking spectacular.
Here is a photo of the happy couple soon after their arrival, with them by the car they travelled in, a stunning Rolls Royce Silver Cloud II, and the other wedding car in the foreground framing them (a Austin Twelve / Six).
Congratulations Kate & Alex!
– Venue: Nettlestead place (nettlestead-place.co.uk)
– Florist: Gaynor Lawson, Bailey and Blossom flowers (https://www.facebook.com/baileyandblossom)
– Make Up: Amber Harlow (amberharlowmakeup.com)
– Hair: Jemma’s Hair and Makeup (https://www.facebook.com/Jemmawalshleyhairandmakeup/)
– Caterers: EasyDine (easydine.com)
– Cake Artist: Dotty Rose (dotty-rose.co.uk)
– Entertainment: The Redfords (theredfords.com)
– Dress designer: Maggie Sottero (maggiesottero.com)
– Groom’s suit: Hawes and Curtis (hawesandcurtis.co.uk)
– Wedding cars: AA executive wedding cars (aaexecutiveweddingcars.co.uk)